Dead I-Phone? Please Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lexani18zz, May 3, 2010.

1. Lexani18zz macrumors newbie

Hello,

My iphone is dead literally, It started yesterday night when I got home, and noticed my phone battery had died. I charged it for maybe 5 mins, and then called someone while it was on the charger, after maybe 10 mins the phone just froze on my call and died. I figured okay maybe I need to let it charge for a bit, 45mins latter i try to turn it on, and nothing. I tried the hard boot (power +home) for about 10secs, then 30secs. Nothing? I let it sit on the charger all night just incase, and tried it again now, Nothing? Anybody have a clue on what's going on?

2. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

does the battery indicator show up or does itunes see it?

3. Lexani18zz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

probably need a new battery.......i would start there....unless you happen to be under warranty and if you are bring it to apple. but they will not cover a new battery.

5. Lexani18zz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I dont know how the battery would just die, when i never had battery issues prior also lasted me the whole day, but that is the only logical idea. I actually have a another iphone with a cracked screen laying around, I should try to use its motherboard/battery into this one. Thanks!

Question: If i swap the motherboard/battery from my old 2g into this current one. Will i have my current 2g info saved or will the old 2g information be on the phone?

6. rjessee macrumors newbie

Need Help with Jailbroken iphone. Not sure where to post this

Using iPhone 3GS Jailbroken and unlocked on 3.0.1
    Did updates in Rock Your Phone app and something went wrong... I did a hard reset on the phone, and now it will now not boot up. It shows the apple logo for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes black... I have tried turning it on and off several times to no avail... I charged it all night long since it was very low on battery when it first did this and that did not help.
    Now I am trying to do a restore using a custom ipsw I found online ( 3.0.1 IPSW Links - Mac Forums) and I also modified my hosts file as Saurik outlined, but when iTunes tries to talk to Sauriks server it says the "Apple software verification server is unavailable at this time try again later. I have tried this 4 times and it keeps saying the same thing... Also, I did save my SHSH on Sydia when I first jailbraked it...
    Please help ASAP!
    Thanks so much everyone.
    Ryan