Dead iBook Battery Back To Life...

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Hey Guys... I have an iBook G3 (last model before G4) and the battery is dead. I used to be able to charge it by taking the battery out and putting it back in (It wouldn't charge normally), but it would only hold a charge for about an hour and a half (Sucks!). However, now, for some reason, when I do that, the 4 lights on the bottom go on one by one a few times, and then the bottom light blinks once and than stops- then my charger light turns green. and the battery won't charge at all.

SO... My question- Is there any way to revive this battery? I don' want to get a new one until I'm positive it's beyond repair.

PS- I have, for some time, been trying to figure out how to get a signature under all of my posts. I've been on this site for about a year, but never have gotten one.

lgwells1

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2011
COMO
I think it is time to get a new/used battery, sorry.

Also you can set your signature under User CP.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Or, it sounds like you need a new DC in board. Not remembering how they are configured on the G3 iBooks but I believe similar to the G4s. If there are green lights on your battery, it means it's not charging because of your DC in/charging board.

Go to iFixit.com and find your iBook