Dead iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by robastewart, Jun 22, 2013.

1. robastewart macrumors newbie

Last used my iPad a couple hours ago, set it aside as normal when done. Went back to it a few minutes ago, pressed the power button to wake it as usual, and nothing. Pressed the home button, and nothing. Tried both again, and apparently no life in the thing. Attached it to the AC adapter, still no life. It's just dead black. Have not seen any batter problem before; it was at least 85% charged when I put it to sleep a couple hours ago. Any ideas?

2. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Unfortunately, the most common answer will be for you to take it to the Apple store.

3. Shownarou macrumors regular

Tried holding the power and menu buttons at the same time 'till it resets?

4. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

I'm betting this will fix it for you. This is called a hard reset

5. robastewart thread starter macrumors newbie

The hard reset worked. Thank you! What are possible causes for that state of coma the iPad was in? Because it's happened once, is it something to anticipate happening occasionally? Any preventive maintenance that can avoid it?

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Don't think there is any way to prevent / avoid it. It happens very rarely, and there usually isn't any hint as to what causes it. If it happens more often than once a month, contact Apple Care. Other than that, just go about as you always do.