iPad Dead iPad!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by benjamins2002, Nov 4, 2013.

1. benjamins2002 macrumors newbie

I have a 1st Generation iPad that I cannot get anything to show up on the screen. I have held the Power and Menu button down for 30 seconds probably 50 times. When I attach it to a computer iTunes says “iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes”, I click ‘OK’, I notice that Serial Number is “n/a”. I click ‘Restore iPad’ and after it eventually gets to the ‘Verifying iPad restore with Apple’ the second time I get “The iPad ‘iPad’ could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600)”. I have tried different cables, different computers and rebooting it by holding the two buttons down many many times. I have a feeling that since it says “N/A” for the serial number that Apple is rejecting it and won’t restore my iPad. ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED. Thanks you very much for your time.

~Benjamin

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like it has a hardware issue and nothing that can be fixed with software or restore.
    I'd either bring it to Apple or a place that diagnoses and repairs ipads.

3. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Probably this. But there's always seeing if you can kick it out of restore mode with Tinyumbrella.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Worth a try but an ipad or any idevice should restore fine via itunes without having to use any JB tools.
    And for the serial number to not be showing up is what makes me think its a hardware fault.

5. Beyinsis macrumors member

My daughter' ip 4s like your ipad. Apple service had gave new one. Sorry, seem a mainboard failure...