Dead iPhone 7 Plus after temperature warning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chakdey, Sep 23, 2016.

1. chakdey macrumors regular

So I couldn't wait for my preorder to arrive and decided to reserve a iPhone at a Apple Store thru the Apple site. Was in and out of the store within 15 mins with a brand new iPhone, while my pre-order is stuck in China, Korea, or AK.

Activated the iPhone my self at home and restored with iTunes. While restoring iPhone got really really hot, and then saw the warning. So I let the phone sit there for 20 mins and its still hot. Decided to turn it off and then retry to finish the restore after it cools down.

While restoring iPhone from the back up with iTunes received the warning again. After staying hot for over 30 mins after the iPhone was shut down decided to let the phone sit there over night and try again in the morning.

Try to turn it on and try to restore again, doesn't turn on.

Call Apple and after trying couple different things, the CS tells me its a hardware issue and doesn't appear the iPhone is going to turn on.

So this $800 device is dead within couple hours.

I'll have to return iPhone and get a full refund for the iPhone.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Obviously it was faulty. Obviously they'll give you a new one.

3. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

Yea. Genius Bar appointment. Go in. You'll walk out with a brand new device. Lol

4. chakdey thread starter macrumors regular

I have a pre-order set to arrive next week, so I'll go return this one once I get that.