Dead iPhone SE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lucianmarin, Apr 14, 2016.

1. lucianmarin macrumors newbie

My iPhone SE died after taking a picture. It only lasted me 6 days. I was lucky since I could return it. The quality is sub-par. Apple should have not released such a bad phone. The phone needs to be the most trusted device in my life. I’m returning to my iPhone 4S with iOS 8 until I find something to replace it. 4.5 years and going strong.

I kept the iPhone SE only on Low Power Mode. Why do we need such feature? Steve Jobs wanted iPhone to be the most energy efficient device Apple sells.

Used an OnePlus X for some time. The build quality was better than any other Apple product I had and I had plenty. The problem with OnePlus X was Android and it’s large screen.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

One anecdotal story about a particular device does not lead to generalized conclusions about anything.

3. lucianmarin thread starter macrumors newbie

True. Just wanted to share this sad story. I think this is the right place.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Why keep it in low power mode? And it died? Did you try a force reset?

5. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

I don't know. If I had a new phone and it died in the first week, I'd take it to the Apple store and get a new one and move on. I wouldn't feel the need to post it on a message board. Millions upon millions of them made. Sure there's gonna be some bad ones. That's why they replace them.

6. keysofanxiety, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016

keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

It's when you're on low battery and you desperately need to extend the life as you can't get to a charger.

Keeping it only on Low Power Mode means you're not using the feature properly.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 14, 2016 ---
    I must note that this is an odd choice of comparison when talking about support and being disappointed with the performance of your phone. With the OnePlus, it takes 3 months to get a replacement if it goes wrong. Practically non-existent customer support. It has a poor camera. It gets hot just browsing the Internet. It's not even running the latest version of Android.

Goodness knows how incredulous you'd have been if your OnePlus failed.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I think it is sad that you whole life revolves around a cell phone. Why you keep it in low power mode is likely another story but get your phone replaced and find something else to revolve your life around . . Like a friend or something. The phone is just a thing.

8. geta macrumors 6502a

Unless Siri is his best friend... :p

9. xixi.li macrumors regular

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have to disagree with that statement. One defective phone, does not mean the whole model line is a failure. I understand your frustration and disappointment, but there are many many people here with a phone that is problem free.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Well, I, in fact, have a polled thread in which no less than 23 people have said the iPhone SE is the best iPhone ever. ;):p:D

Kidding aside, this is a clear cut fallacy of composition (a fallacy of illicit transference).

Sorry it didn't work out, but just b/c 4(S)'s were/are bomb proof and you had some vague issues with your SE, doesn't mean all new iPhones are garbage.

Best of luck.

12. SarZ macrumors regular

SarZ

13. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

A defective product does not signify that all the products are bad. That's what exchanges are for. It's under warranty so get yourself another one. There is not a product on earth that is 100% perfect and incapable of failure. Warranties exist for a reason. Saying the entire product line is bad because of your one phone is silly.

I'm sorry, but what? That's really dumb. You shouldn't be keeping the phone in low power mode. You only use that when your battery is low and you need the phone to last a bit longer for whatever reason. It's not to be used for daily use. Steve Jobs has absolutely nothing to do with this.