Dead Iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stevemcn, Jun 28, 2011.

1. stevemcn macrumors newbie

Help required please. My Iphone will not turn on, will not charge, when I plug the lead to phone and pc I do not get any noise to say it has been recognised, does not show up on Itunes. I have followed suggestions from the internet, press this button, press that but nothing.
    The other day it was on red, put it on charge for an hour and when I returned to it it was dead. Any ideas out there,

Cheers folks.
    Steve:eek:

2. TW95 macrumors member

There wasn't by any chance a power surge during charging? You could have fried the internals. Or could be a fault within the circuitry.

I'd recommend taking it to your local Apple Retail Store and see what they have to say, they may be able to replace (if under warranty) but they should be able to tell you what is up.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. stevemcn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks TW95 for a fast reply, I think you might be right. The phone is well out of warranty but a friend of mine knows someone who fixes these things, think I'll let him look at it.

No is was not jailbroken blueroom, why?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like a bad battery, unless you had water or other damage to it.

6. Airtoy macrumors newbie

Sorry to hear, I'm in the same situation as you are right now!
    As stupid as this may sound, I last resorted putting my iPhone in the freezer (frost-free) for a whole day and it seemed to help a bit with getting the phone to turn on, so I let it charge all night.

Today I was quite happy that I could use my phone all day without it turning off on me, until the evening..

Try plugging it into numerous USB ports in your PC? It managed to start my phone up that as opposed to a wall charger; even though sadly it keeps turning off after a few seconds at the Apple Logo.

edit:

I don't recommend you to freeze it though, I just considered doing it because I only have until August until my contract is completed and I only got 1 year warranty with my phone.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, freezing could ruin the battery.

8. Airtoy macrumors newbie

Not having an iPhone and needing to use a gammon brick phone instead is utterly dreadful.