dead iPod?????? help me please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pattybenso04, Sep 19, 2011.

1. pattybenso04 macrumors newbie

My iPod touch 3rd generation is dead, it won’t charge or even be recognized by iTunes, 5 months ago it got slightly wet but like three days later it was already working well, so I kept using it.
    1 month ago, one day after school my ipod completely ran out of battery, I wasn’t gonna use it later so I didn’t charge it or anything, then 4 days later, I connected the uncharged ipod to an ipod speaker, and later realized that I had left the ipod speaker connected to the wall and ON for the whole last week.
    Also when I connect it to the USB plug or any wall charger, it tends to get really hot on the usb port.
    I wonder if it’s a battery problem or if it’s like a totally dead battery? Or if it is that the usb port in my iPod got burned because of the ipod speaker?
    I already tried recovery mode, and I can’t get it replaced because my warranty is already up.
    Oh and I also checked the water indication down the headphone jack and its white. Can Apple do something for me even though the warranty is up?
    Thankss for the help :)

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

iPhone != iPod.

Apple might be able to do an out of warranty replacement.