Dead itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by brewitup, Jun 5, 2008.

1. brewitup macrumors newbie

Can someone please help me? I think I killed my itouch in record time 1 day. Ok here is what I did I was jail breaking my itouch with winpwn and all was good until it said itouch unplugged reconnect. so I thought it was part of the process so I waited awhile but still nothing and now my itouch will not turn on at all even with the sleep and home button pushed. Any suggestions?? :mad:

2. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Whops sorry too hear that,

Sounds like you ruined the firmware while trying to jailbreak it.
    I don't know if their is a recovery procedure for that.

can you take it back to apple and exchange it?
    You would have to lie to them. You most certainly couldn't say what you were using some program to hack or alter the firmware.:(

3. Acronym macrumors 68000

this might help you might not, if you hold the home button and connect the ipod end of the USB cord in it should automaticaly start the restore process keep in mind you have to hold the home button till the connect ing to itunes picture shows up.

i crashed my ipod and it wouldn't turn on niether would it connect t itunes so i did it that way and it worked fine.

4. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

yea. . .i was going to say, you can't break an ipod touch. . .but you used winpwn. . .this messes with the firmware and is VERY dangerous

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/N45AP Safari/419.3)

not if you do it properly.

OP: follow the instructions in the third post, they will fix it for you

It is impossible to kill an iPod touch, with just software changes

6. Baron58 macrumors 6502

Impossible. There's no such thing as an 'itouch'.

7. brewitup thread starter macrumors newbie

EXCUSE ME "IPOD TOUCH" EVERYONE ELSE KNEW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT SORRY.:)

8. brewitup thread starter macrumors newbie

Which instructions I’m not sure what one to try to repair it. And how can I do it if I can’t even power it up? No matter what I do whether I hold just sleep or home key or both down. Think I’m up s#*t creek? Thank everyone for the help.:eek:

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

The screen is not powered, it does power up, the magic time is 10sec, so make shure it is off, then hold home and power buttons for 10 sec, while plugged in. it should pup up then, then restore.

There is. Pascen, an italian company.

10. mackydude macrumors newbie

mackydude

just use ziphone... go to www.ziphone.org. it works a lot better than winpwn, and it won't "kill" your ipod

11. Baron58 macrumors 6502

...and the logitech keyboard, of course. I should have clarified, there is no *Apple* product called the 'itouch' (or MAC, for that matter :rolleyes: ).

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/N45AP Safari/419.3)

true, but I have yet to see another electronics device named mac

I think I spelled the company name wrong, though

13. bigapplegeek macrumors newbie

bigapplegeek

I hear that people trying to jailbreak their 16 gig itouch have issues. Did you try restoring it in itunes.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

that problem has been solved for months..

OP, why exactly where you using winpwn? the best jailbreaking app out there for the touch is Iliberty+.

see if you can do a restore by forcing the ipod into DFU mode (google it) and restoring in itunes

15. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

NO, they all have their perks, no one is better

and you force it into RECOVERY mode, NOT dfu mode.

DFU is for "Device Firmware Update"
    RECOVERY is for restoring, not updating

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

yes, but the DFU mode is untouched by every jailbreaking program out there, so u can use it to restore.

and from the hundreds of cases ive seen and helped out in at Ipodtouchfans dot com (the biggest jailbreaking community) iliberty+ is much better for jailbreaking a 1.1.4 ipod touch, because it is written specifically for the touch, and you never get any of the iphone related problems that people run into with ziphone. I still cant understand why OP used winpwn unless he was trying to change his boot screen anyway...

17. brewitup thread starter macrumors newbie

i was told to use that for jailbreak. i guess thats what i get. so do you all think im screwed? and im going to have to lie my ass off??:(

18. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

no, becouse if it dosent show anything on the screen, say it wont turn on (to your knowledge, true) and they will give you a refurb.

you dont have to use it, ziphone, or iliberty+ are two alternatives that dont mess with deep program in the ipod

19. brewitup thread starter macrumors newbie

:(All I wanted on that touch was nes, that’s all. Well wish me luck I’m sending it off to apple store in sacto. Ill keep everyone updated. Damn curiosity killed me. So you all recommend using ziphone or liberty+ for what I’m trying to get (nes)?:eek:

20. Acronym macrumors 68000

yes ziphone or Ilibirty+ i used Ziphone and have restored and jailbreaked like 5 times now maybe more why didnt you try to do the force recovery?

21. bigapplegeek macrumors newbie

bigapplegeek

The Best jailbreaking program is Ziphone.

22. nintendude macrumors 6502

don't think Apple's gonna help you w/ an attempted jailbrake problem...

edit/ iLiberty is awesome!

23. shaneoram macrumors newbie

HELP my ipod touch wont work

i used winpwn which suck butt by the way and it messed up my itouch now it wont turn on or anything just dead how do i fix it?:eek:

24. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008072820 Firefox/3.0.1)

the new versions of pwnage are idoit proof. just put it in restore mode, and off you go

25. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Take it to store and say you don't why it's broken. Just don't lie and say you didn't do anything at all. Just say you were upgrading the firmware.

Chill out. He was only teasing.

It's actually iPod touch :D