Dead keys on brand new Apple smart keyboard.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mzsigler, Jun 21, 2017.

1. mzsigler macrumors regular

I received my 10.5" apple smart keyboard from B&H photo yesterday and it works great, except it won't type a " < " or a " ' ". The other characters on those keys work by either pressing shift or not pressing shift. But those don't. Is there any chanve this is a bug with iOS 11 beta? If not, will the local apple store replace it even if it was bought elsewhere?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

If you return it, You will have to make the return through B&H Photo, being it was purchase directly through them. B&H Photo has good customer service and they will Rectify it.

Otherwise, if you are outside B&H Photo's return period, Apple will issue you a replacement Keyboard, as it should be under warranty.

3. mzsigler thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I just got it a day ago, I was just wondering if Apple would replace it as opposed to having to send it in. I might see if B and H will send me a replacement then let me send the defective one in when I receive it. Also in typing this comment I just noticed the Ampersand doesn’t work either.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 21, 2017 ---
    And now I fixed it. Under settings > Keyboards > Hardware keyboard, it was set to “Automatic”, I changed it to “US” and now I have all the stuff that was not working.

All of my other other stuff is set to US and I am actually in the US and have no other languages installed, so I don't know what was causing it, but now everything works. <<<<&&&&’’’’’’