Dead Logic Board?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by StockDC2, May 16, 2011.

1. StockDC2 macrumors regular

Hi, I have 2 Macbooks (pre-unibody), both of which the same problematic symptoms. When either is turned on, the computer chimes and the screen flicks to a dark black. The fan begins to spin but there are no signs of hard drive activity.

I've tried swapping out the memory and trying individual slots all to no availability. I know that this is not likely but could a dead PRAM battery cause this to happen? I've been reading about mixed thoughts on this and am hoping for a definite answer. Thanks in advance!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. StockDC2 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I've done both on both machines. Still no luck :(.

When doing the PRAM reset, I also made sure to hold the buttons until the 3rd chime was made. Even then, all I ended up with is a black screen.

4. AshMan macrumors regular

Anything show on screen at all? Tried external monitor? Checked to see if it is an LCD issue?

5. StockDC2 thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, there is nothing on the screen. I've tried swapping the LCDs to no availability. I'm quite certain that both LCDs work.

I have not tried using an external monitor because I do not have the DVI connector :(. Even if I did, I'm sure that it wouldn't work since nothing is being displayed on the LCDs.