Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRVIE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
There's an X in the batter icon where it's supposed to show that it's charging, and it won't start up unless plugged in. Although after it's on, it's okay to unplug it and it won't shut off.

I don't know if it's because I haven't replaced this battery in years or because of the recent water damage that it had last week. I let it dry out and then put it in a bag of rice for a few days and it started working again. The only damage I could tell so far are the "water stains" behind the screen. (Which aren't as bad now, as how they were when I first turned my macbook back on.) The light indicators on the battery still work. Help?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Probably not the battery, but more likely the battery connector board and/or logic board (depends somewhat on the model). Water damage will do that easily.

jW

TRVIE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
Probably not the battery, but more likely the battery connector board and/or logic board (depends somewhat on the model). Water damage will do that easily.

jW

I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.