Dead MacBook Pro (13 Inch Mid 2009)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mcamp39004, May 6, 2012.

1. mcamp39004 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, This morning my Mac decided it didn't want to power on, so I noticed that there was a small snag in the power cord, so I went to the Apple store and purchased a new one, and to my surprise it too did not charge my Mac, no charging LED on the MagSafe, and when I press the charge level button the the side, none of the LEDs blink, it's like it's completely dead. I don't really want to deal with the Apple Genius Bar, any ideas?

2. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

Go to the Genius Bar. Why are you against going to the people who are there to support you?

3. Laco macrumors 6502

Something like this happened to me as well. I have a 5 year old Macbook and the power cord stopped working so I bought a new one. A few months later the new power cord stopped working. Since it was only a few months old I thought the computer was dead. At the time I was visiting someone who had a Macbook Pro so I borrowed his power cord and my Macbook worked fine. Then I tried my power cord and it worked again. It was very strange and I am not sure what happened but using someone else's power cord that worked fixed everything. My suggestion would be to try to use 1 or 2 other power cords (e.g. of friends) and it may fix things like it did for me.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

5. StUPoT macrumors member

could also be it needs a new battery! In which case if it isn't in warranty always do it yourself you will save a bomb and its soooo easy!

6. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

If you have applecare you still have 2 months or more before it runs out. Don't waste it.

7. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

You sure it isn't just that the battery is completely out of juice?