dead macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by GD0X, Jan 24, 2013.

1. GD0X Guest

posting here because there are more people...

anyways, I have a small business at college. A customer brought his 2008 macbook to me, stated he spilled half a can of lemonade on it, right side specifically.

So i took some keys off... sticky... but cleaned them off with some rubbing alcohol. all good. almost got the logic board off... stripped a screw and had to give up (its completely round, the screw i mean)... but i didnt see any residue. i put it back together and all the connections are good.

problem is tho... it wont boot now. When i was putting the bottom case on it was starting up by itself (screen worked and everything). but putting it back together... but using the power button... no noise or anything. and when its connected to the charger, there is a dim green light... not much more.

tried the pram and smc reboot. no good.

2. chrisperro macrumors 6502

chrisperro

is the keyboard ribbon connected to the motherboard?, my guess is to open it again and check
    edit; sorry ,is a unibody?

3. GD0X thread starter Guest

yep, ribbon cable was connected. and yes, unibody.

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Hey dude, that's my computer! And it was pink lemonade. You stripped a screw on the motherboard? You ain't getting paid.

Naw, seriously, you need to get that board out. Know anyone with a tap set? I'm assuming you can't get on the head of the screw with a good pair of micro pointy nose pliers.

Barring all that, pack it in rice over night (then toss it in a pan with some egg, a little oil, er, wrong recipe.)