Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Hey folks,

Having some mousey problems...

I had my :apple: mighty mouse just over six months and now, it won't come on. The thing just died after the batteries drained, I tried replacing the cells with freshly recharged cells and it won't come on!! There green LED is just doesn't come on!!

After a while i figure it's my cells, so i changed for some fresh alkaline cells and guess what? It still doesn't work!! :(

does anyone know what i can do? could i just return the mouse to the store and get some warranty cover, or something? it's like less than a year old. However, er... I bought it in the UK but now I'm in Japan, i have no invoice and no packaging. You think they'll still take it back? :rolleyes:

cheers :)

IChing

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I think the wireless MM is the only mouse or electronic device that I know of that doesn't use polarity opposites, when placing the batteries in it, maybe that is the problem. I know both batteries need to have the + in one direction.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
I think the wireless MM is the only mouse or electronic device that I know of that doesn't use polarity opposites, when placing the batteries in it, maybe that is the problem. I know both batteries need to have the + in one direction.

Umm, yes i already checked this, cause i've change the batteries monthly!
Usually i change them both but even with a single cell inserted, the mouse should still operate as normal, only the life is shorter and the unit feels lighter. Usually the green LED would come on before i'll connect... but that's not even happening. :confused: it's kinda hard to figure out what's wrong, when the signal/status light doesn't work.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
If you bought it 6 months ago, then it's under warranty. Time for you to dig up the receipt.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
If you bought it 6 months ago, then it's under warranty. Time for you to dig up the receipt.

Thanks Consultant, I sort of know that... but i have a huge problem you know. the original packaging and receipt is in ENGLAND :eek: I'm kinda on the other side of the planet, cause that's where Japan is. Or didn't you read my initial post? :rolleyes:

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
do you know anyone who could get you a copy of the receipt from England? you could probably also try going into an Apple store and explain your situation and see if they will help you.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Oh great news!!!

Oh great news!!!

Today I returned my dead cordless might mouse, which i purchased in the UK, to a local branch here in Japan... They booked me an appointment with one of their geniuses and tested the mouse! Guy there says 'most problems are caused by flat or dead batteries' but after trying a few different sets of batteries, he came to the same conclusion as I did - It's dead! Bob..

A quick shuffle of paperwork, no receipts were required and a couple of replacement units later (first one had a sticky ball) he handed me a brand new replacement and a new set of lithium batteries!! Signed some agreement... and away i went.

Now I'm happy as larry!!:)
Thanks Apple!! :D:D

isleofjib

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
CT
were they able to tell how old your mouse was and that it was still under warranty? mine just died the same way yours did. at first, i noticed it would only scroll up and not down. then when i turned it off, it wouldn't come back on. changed the batteries, nada. so if they'll replace it, i'd love to take it in. only i don't have the receipt, no way to get it, but i do have the original box, but it was bought at a reseller. and our apple store is the pits when it comes to customer service. like one of the worst in the company, i hear. them replacing yours gave me a glimmer of hope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.