Dead pixel advise need it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hec983, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Hec983, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

Hec983 macrumors member

I got a 6+ two days ago, it has a very nice even cool display just a gorgeous screen ,compared to my brother's which has a yellowish warm display. However I just notice a black dot at the center of the screen what seems like dead pixel!!! I don't know if I should exchange it and play lottery I don't want to get a yellowish or uneven screen. Should I just go to the Apple Store and ask them if they can fix the pixel??? Would they be able to fix it with out replacing the phone?? Any advise would be appreciated thank you guys.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. p3ntyne macrumors 6502

p3ntyne

Just in case, try a factory reset first.

4. sunfire7 macrumors member

Best advice

5. cuongnq macrumors member

I purchase iPhone 6 a month ago. Open box and active in store and I found 2 dead pixel (white pixel, hard to detect if not change background to blue). iPhone is activated but they accept replace by other unbox phone.

So my advice is always unbox on store because if you buy and get ship, you will waste time for get refund and buy other.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its bothering you, by all means, exchange it.

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I just had my screen replaced (just the display) as I had a single dead pixel. No hesitation as to the resolution when I showed them the spot.

8. Shadowbech, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Just go return it and get a new one. They can't fix the dead pixels. Dead pixels can't be fixed, while stuck pixels can be fixed. If it's noticeable then I would definitely return and get a new one. If you are out of the return period then see a genius to see if they can just replace the screen only. But of course even so you would be playing the lottery if you want a cool tint and not the yellow tint.

I actually prefer the yellowish warm display imo (as long as it's the entire screen and not uneven), as whites are whites and are easy on my eyes. Blue tints (cool) in my opinion look a bit washed out and it hurts my eyes. And if i were to compare my 6 Plus (slight yellow but I can live with that as it's actually better) to my ipad mini 3, my ipad mini 3 has the worst yellow tint and it's uneven, and I gave up on replacing because ALL of them will be like this and the QC is just bad.

9. Hec983 thread starter macrumors member

Did the screen tone remained the same or did they display changed??

----------

I'm still within the return period since I bought it Thursday, I'm just so disappointed I finally get a nice display and get this damned pixel

10. Shadowbech, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014

Shadowbech macrumors 68040

That happened to me too. I got one with good screen only to find a dead pixel dead straight in the middle. So I ended up returning it and getting another one. The new one I got has a slight yellow screen but it's not noticeable and doesn't really bother me as I don't notice it on daily use and I plan on keeping this one. If it had an uneven tint then that's something I would be concerned for. Apple QC is just bad.

But yes, if you are in your return window, I would just return it and get a new one, also I would suggest that you open it in store and see if it's a good one. If you walk out and go home only to find another issue, you would be wasting your time going back.

11. Hec983 thread starter macrumors member

I wonder if the (cool) blue screens are the ones getting dead pixels only, my brothers which has a yellowish screen tint it fine.

12. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Mine has a perfect screen and no dead pixels. You paid a lot of money for the phone. Demand nothing but perfection

13. Hec983 thread starter macrumors member

Tell me about it almost 1,000 for a phone

14. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

What is the big problem if you get an uneven screen? Just replace it again. Apple is slacking on the quality control.

I know it suck to play this roulette but I think it sucks even more to stay with a defective phone

15. Hec983 thread starter macrumors member

I don't wanna bad seen or label as a ocd pain in the butt at the Apple Store. So I went today and just return the device, I'm just gonna wait a bit an then try it again. It sucks cause the 6+ is a gorgeous device I'm stuck with my 5c this thing is tiny!!!!!!

16. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

It's a hit or miss situation I believe. Sure there are phones out there that are good. But don't give up, just keep trying until you find one that is good. Like you mentioned above, you paid a lot of money for it and for what you paid for, you shouldn't keep a defected phone for that price. So definitely return it and get a new one.

----------

Good choice, maybe wait a few weeks until Apple receives a new batch and make a decision from there.