Dead pixel and display replacement...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by troncomac, Nov 19, 2008.

1. troncomac macrumors newbie

Hi
    i'm an impressed new 2.53Ghz MBP user! After few days of usage a pixel-sized white spot appeared on my monitor...Believe me: it is very tiny but really annoying. Sometimes it disappeared and then appeared again (now it's 2 days i can see it there....)...i though of a dead pixel but it is not black neither coloured, it's like a more luminous pixel. I tried to stimulate it with some colour changing video i found on the net but nothing... Can someone out there confirm me it IS a dead pixel?? Furthermore my Apple reseller told me they could change the monitor but i'm a bit afraid of this procedure (especially for unibody MBP)....do someone know if display substitution is a straightformard procedure? I actually would love to get rid of the pixel but i'm scared of risking the integrity and or solidity of other components...

Thanks in advance

2. troncomac thread starter macrumors newbie

Could someone out there at least confirm me the problem is due to a DEAD PIXEL (or something similar...).

UPDATE: yesterday evening when i booted my MBP the problem was gone...then after say 2 minute i could see the small white spot reappear and there it stands! I also have the impression its luminosity somehow varies...depending on don't know what....

Thanks in advance

3. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

Looks like no one has any answers for you. Im not sure if it is a dead pixel or not but if it is really annoying you just give apple a call and describe it. They will know what to do

4. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

replacing the display involves removing a lot of components, down to the unibody. From then though the panel comes assembled from apple, glass and all.

5. Catch Them macrumors regular

6. joe01 macrumors member

joe01

I just notice a dead pixel on my alum macbook ...

7. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

If it changes in any way the pixil is not dead, it is stuck

there is an easy fix for these on a normal screen, but with the glass there is no way you can press on it to "un-stick" it

.... you can try this.. open it in quick time and place over the area where you are having trouble...
    It is sorta short, put it on auto repeat, the process can take up to a few hours to have an effect.

http://itasor.com/pixelmurder.MP4

Let us know

8. troncomac thread starter macrumors newbie

The pixel is still there! It comes and goes with different luminosities... When i boot my mac i often find that the pixel is gone and then it reappears after 5 min or 1 hour :-(

I also tried with quicktime movies on the pixel area but i haven't seen but the problem is still the same!

Maybe i will try to contact APPLE soon...