Dead Pixel and Ghosting/ freebies lol

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Outkast27, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Outkast27, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

Outkast27 macrumors 6502

I have an appointment tomorrow to take my mbpr to the genius bar. It is still under warranty. They are probably going to replace the screen. Has anyone had there mbpr replaced for the same issues as mine and received any freebees? The last time apple gave me the run around on repairing my ipad mini, they gave me a $250 credit to buy something from there online store ( I got a tb buffalo tb external drive, love it). Im just curious if any of you guys that have had this screen issue were offered any type of extras for the inconvenience?

2. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

Depending where you live they might give you metrocard or a hug make sure to french kiss the person goodbye

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

They're repairing it under warranty. They wont give you "freebies". If you want something, buy it like everybody else.

4. Outkast27 thread starter macrumors 6502

As stated, they gave me a $250 credit to buy something from the apple store, for having my faulty ipad mini replaced under warranty.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

And having it replaced wasn't enough?

6. gmikesell macrumors regular

I've NEVER heard of Apple stores even doing this except here in the forum. Every time I go to the Genuis Bar, I'm usually just hoping they agree with me that there's a problem and will do something about it.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I received a 2010 MBP after my 2008 went in for god knows how many repairs, but that's standard practise if it's for the same fault over and over.

8. Outkast27 thread starter macrumors 6502

Absolutely, but if they are going to offer me something I ain't gonna turn nothing down but my collar. The reason I created this thread was to see other people' experiences, nothing more, simple as that.