Dead pixel....but I am afraid I will get a LG screen :(

Applefanboy8153

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Hi all,
I have an early 2013 MacBook Pro retina display 13.3. I have noticed a dead pixel smack in the middle of the screen. It has been there for almost a month now. However I am afraid that my awesome screen (Which i guess is a samsung) will be replaced with a LG....which I heard has multiple problems. So what should I do?

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
You either live with it or get it changed. What choice do you have? Besides there is still a chance you might get a Samsung display too.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Take it in, I thought the newest LG revision screens Apple is using now have no IR reports (while users still complain of color issues with Samsung). Granted, I have yet to take my first revision LG screen with VERY bad IR in (the colors look so great I'm actually scared I might get a Samsung, but the IR is ridiculously bad, takes less than 1 min).

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
I don't know why there is such an issue about getting an LG screen. I have an LG one now and it's perfect and I had 2 2012 LG screens and they were perfect too.

Its doesn't matter about which make you have, if you have a problem you have a problem, then send it back. Don't get fixated on LG or Samsung, they both have had/have issues to a small number of users.

SpoekGTi

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2012
The Netherlands
To the OP:

Since you say how awesome your display now is, you aren't even sure if its a Samsung anyway.

I rather take the risk of a different manufacturers panel than to live with a dead pixel smack dab in the middle of my screen