Dead Pixel D:

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davmcn, Jul 13, 2011.

1. davmcn macrumors regular

Hey Guys,

I got my Macbook Pro today and it's an awesome machine, i completely love it, and wouldn't' trade it for anything in the world, that sad thing was when i turned it on, it seemed okay... but after using it for a while, and inspecting it, I noticed i had a dead pixel... Yah... just one dead pixel. It's a saddening moment for me, and on the phone I felt so stupid for complaining for one silly thing, but I really want my Macbook Pro to be amazing.

I called and apparently I got lucky and they have one in stock in the local apple store, so i'm heading in tomorrow morning, and getting a brand new one.

I'm amazed at how nice the people on the phone were to me.

All in all, i'm pretty happy with their service so far.

Dave.

2. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

Why feeling stupid? Who wants a new computer with a dead pixel?
    Good luck on the new one though!

3. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I'm using it now regardless that I have to give it away tomorrow to get a brand new one. I really love it regardless of the pixel issue. I just want to make sure that the one at the Apple Store has no dead pixels before leaving. It's so pretty :D

4. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Apple has pretty good customer service. Best of luck with your new unit, let us know how it works out for you! :)

5. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

I'm loving Apple already :D. And I love that they are so understanding and don't mind me.

6. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

Yup, they'll usually (Read: 99%) replace a brand new one if it's got a dead pixel. Always remember, you paid 1799 for a good computer...if you wanted something less expensive you would have got a Dell...

Dell would just laugh at you over the phone like they did me when I had a stuck pixel.

7. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Yes, in most cases with PC manufacturers you're looking at a cluster of 7 or 8 pixels before they'd consider anything, and even then they'd usually ask you to send your computer in to have the screen replaced instead of replacing the entire computer outright.

8. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

According to Apple Care of which I had many conversations today, after the 14 days are over, you can use Apple Care if you have 3 or more dead pixels on your screen and get it replaced with the warranty, which sounds fair to be completely honest. So far, & I know it's only the first day, I'm very impressed with their support, very respectful and thoughtful, and straight to the point, which is great.

I guess you get what you paid for,

A great laptop, and great service. Dead pixel is just a minor issue, and they are giving me a brand new one tomorrow, so not a problem at all.

Happy days.

9. Darien Red Sox macrumors regular

When I call Apple about my home computer they give me better service than when I call in a computer at work to Dells premium support line. Apple treats you like you have a brain where half the time when you tell Dell's premium support (which is meant for IT people) the problem is X and I have done Y they will treat you like you are stupid and make you do Y with them on the phone and then tell you X is wrong after an hour.

10. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

Reminds me of when I contacted HP before about getting my keyboard fixed and they treat me as if i'm stupid or something and couldn't do anything . All customers should be treated with honesty, and the most upright respect. I'm surprised after all these years of Windows based computer companies keep losing, why they won't listen to what people want, which is just something that works, and something that you don't have to fight with, to get it to do the most simple of tasks. Windows based companies can fight all they want with whatever Hardware they wanna through in a PC , but they can never get it right, till they start making a OS and hardware that just work together. About time they sit down and take a lesson, and they I'll think about using a PC again. For now it's a Macbook Pro :D

11. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys...

I have a update for you on whats happening and I'm kind of upset now with it all. Last night I called a local Apple Store to get a replacement cause they said it wasn't custom a lot and they had one in stock, according to the girl I ended up meeting today at the store. When I actually got to the store, they were first of all late about my appointment, wasn't that mad or anything about it, happens a lot where I work. The appointment started and everything seemed to be going okay. I found out after them walking around like chickens with their heads cut off, that they didn't have any of that model in stock, and regardless they couldn't do an exchange because it was bought online, and they didn't know what the lady I talked to the previous evening was talking about. Anyhow, to sum that up, I have to either get a replacement screen with they have none in stock, and would take up to a week to do. Or I have to place a replacement with Apple Care, which Im currently on the phone on hold, and have no idea what they are doing. Sadly walked out of the Apple Store saddened and mad at the same time . Hoping for a good. But sadly just wasn't my day. I just got off the phone with the Apple Care people and they said that's it going to take at least 3days - A month for a replacement machine to be sent out to me. Sadly I have a agreed to that and they are sending me stickers tomorrow, and we'll be ready to go.

12. PicanteGamer macrumors newbie

That's unfortunate, but I'm glad you didn't opt for the replacement screen option. I did that on a screen with 1 dead pixel, and ended up (after waiting a week) with one that had about 10 + stuck pixels. The Genius was so horrified (as I was) about the replacement that he ended up giving me a whole new MBP about 2 months after I bought it. Sometimes you have to go through a couple of hoops, but at the end of the day Apple takes care of you, and I'm confident that you'll be satisfied with your replacement unit.

Best of luck. :)

13. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

I really hope so, cause i love this Macbook Pro ( minus the missing pixel )