Dead Pixel iPad replacement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thompson11, Mar 23, 2011.

1. thompson11 macrumors member

Oct 12, 2009
    Just picked up a Verizon iPad 2 at Target, and it has a sad little dead pixel that's located about 1/4 from the top center of the screen.

Has anyone had experience with Apple doing a replacement? If I brought it to a genius bar tomorrow would they just swap it out?

Also, does anyone know how they will/could transfer my Verizon service that I just paid for to the replacement?
  2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

Apr 2, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I had my Verizon iPad 2 replaced at the Apple Store. Since you bought it from Target they can only swap it with a replacement iPad and not a NIB one.

They will look at it, see the dead pixel and initiate a swap. Once you swap it, you cannot return it to Target or even Apple. From that point on you can only exchange it if future problems arise.

I highly recommend taking it out of the box and inspecting the new iPad 2 before signing anything.
  3. thompson11 thread starter macrumors member

Oct 12, 2009
    Had you activated your service yet? Were they able to transfer it?
  4. seanpholman macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2007
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    You can register it then take the product to an Apple Store for warranty. No different than if you bought the iPhone at AT&T and had a warranty concern. Just make a Genius appt. first.