Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Just got my iPad 3G on Friday and just noticed a dead pixel on the right side of the screen. Called apple care and they made me an appt at a retail store. Will they replace my iPad or just replace the screen. This is very annoying!

wombat888

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
If they replace anything, they'll replace the whole iPad. Then, they might replace the screen in yours and resell it as a refurb. I don't know what the cutoff is for replacement.

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
I have a stuck red pixel in the top right hand corner of my 64 wifi. Noticed it a couple weeks ago but since it's out my typical viewing range i'm not too worried about it. Plus i'm in Toronto so it would be a major pain in the butt to return to Buffalo.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
It's a brand new device so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to not have any issues (especially with the hardware)!!

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Well they just gave me a brand new iPad. Great support at the genius bar.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Well they just gave me a brand new iPad. Great support at the genius bar.

Ya in most cases they are super helpful. Took my 8 month old iPod touch in with a problem and since it was still covered under AppleCare I got a new one right then and there.

rdstoll

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Just got my iPad 3G on Friday and just noticed a dead pixel on the right side of the screen. Called apple care and they made me an appt at a retail store. Will they replace my iPad or just replace the screen. This is very annoying!

Why do people insist on informing the board of a dud unit they've received. Just exchange it and move on.

Buck987

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Why do people insist on informing the board of a dud unit they've received. Just exchange it and move on.

why waste a comment like this...no one will stop because you think they should

You in fact have the option of passing over the thread.

I like to hear about the great way apple treat customers. Its nice to see it when you pay premium prices.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008

So that if someone else has the same issue they can search and see how someone else went about getting it resolved. Not that complicated to understand if you took a second to use your brain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.