Dead Pixel on Brand New iPad 3G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jw nyc, May 3, 2010.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Just got my iPad 3G on Friday and just noticed a dead pixel on the right side of the screen. Called apple care and they made me an appt at a retail store. Will they replace my iPad or just replace the screen. This is very annoying!

2. MiguelS macrumors regular

3. wombat888 macrumors 6502a

If they replace anything, they'll replace the whole iPad. Then, they might replace the screen in yours and resell it as a refurb. I don't know what the cutoff is for replacement.

4. nasa25 macrumors 65816

I have a stuck red pixel in the top right hand corner of my 64 wifi. Noticed it a couple weeks ago but since it's out my typical viewing range i'm not too worried about it. Plus i'm in Toronto so it would be a major pain in the butt to return to Buffalo.

5. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's a brand new device so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to not have any issues (especially with the hardware)!!

6. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

I don't think there will be in-store repairs for at least a month or two

7. fishepa macrumors regular

I have one dead pixel, but it doesn't bother me that much.

8. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well they just gave me a brand new iPad. Great support at the genius bar.

9. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Ya in most cases they are super helpful. Took my 8 month old iPod touch in with a problem and since it was still covered under AppleCare I got a new one right then and there.

10. rdstoll macrumors 6502

Why do people insist on informing the board of a dud unit they've received. Just exchange it and move on.

11. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

why waste a comment like this...no one will stop because you think they should

You in fact have the option of passing over the thread.

I like to hear about the great way apple treat customers. Its nice to see it when you pay premium prices.

12. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

So that if someone else has the same issue they can search and see how someone else went about getting it resolved. Not that complicated to understand if you took a second to use your brain.