Dead pixel on my 4 month old iPad 2......after Genius appointment!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by StuartMoore, Feb 19, 2012.

1. StuartMoore, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

StuartMoore macrumors regular

This morning when turning on my iPad 2, I noticed on the start up screen that there is one dead pixel in the bottom right hand corner! :(

I bought it duty free at Aberdeen Aiprort in the UK.

What will be my option in getting this exchanged by Apple!?

Should I wait till the 3 comes out and maybe get the chance of a part exchange/upgrade.......!? :rolleyes:

Stuart.

2. iDrew87 macrumors member

Ouch! I am sure you would be able to exchange it at your local Apple store along with all receipt of payment and explain that you bought this tablet from duty free at the airport and you cant exactly walk straight back into the airport boarding lounge hah.

They would replace it with the current iPad 2 surely but upgrade don't think so

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

At best they would set you up in a refurb iPad2. They will be giving you a 3. They will not even give you a different color iPad2.

4. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

You're still within the one year warranty period, you shouldbe able to take it back to an Apple store and exchange. I have seen a couple people who said Apple wouldn't exchange for fewer than four dead pixels, but not everyone has had that problem. There's no chance of upgrading, though - like stealthipad said, they won't even give people the other color in exchange, only the exact model you bought.

5. StuartMoore thread starter macrumors regular

I'm offshore until Wednesday anyway, so will have to take it to Apple and see what happens when I get home I guess........

Upgrading was wishful thinking!:rolleyes:

I'd be happy enough with an exchange.

Stuart.

6. StuartMoore thread starter macrumors regular

So after returning home, it turns out my wife had a dead pixel on her iPad 2 now also. Only purchased in Decemeber.

Set up a Genius appointment at our nearest Apple store.

Long story short, the wife got hers replaced and I never!! Haha.
    Her dead pixel was white, which qualified for a straight swap. However my dead pixel was black, in which case it needed to be at least 2 dead pixels!! The case on my iPad has a wee dent in the corner too, so was hoping mine got replaced......never mind!

Stuart.

7. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

You should have sent your wife with both iPad's and Apple would have been glad to replace both. Wrong move. :)

Or maybe send her with your iPad.

8. falcora macrumors 6502

Does apple keep records on that? Can you just send the same iPad in for service with a different person? Try your luck again? haha. Maybe just wishful thinking...