iPad Dead pixel on my iPad 4th generation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by touchu4g, Jun 3, 2013.

1. touchu4g macrumors member

Hi. I believe I have 1 dead pixel on my iPad. It is located on the left of the iPad when its held in portrait mode. I have scheduled a Genius Bar appointment. Do you think they will replace the iPad if it has one dead pixel? I would like this replaced as I like to keep my apple devices perfect. If I see a flaw, I can't ignore it.

2. ihakim macrumors member

3. tazz3 macrumors regular

1 dead pixel I don't think they will replace it

4. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

I'm generally like that too, but if it's one dead pixel (which I have as well), I actually have to look for it. I don't think they will replace it based upon that, but I'd you have a cluster of dead pixels, they may.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Not that I'm doubting you but I really would like to see a picture. I have never ever seen a dead pixel on any iPad ever so I'm curious as to how "noticeable" it would be. Especially when the pixels are so dense. :D

Beyond that, just make an appointment at the Genius Bar. What's the worst that can happen? ;)

6. touchu4g thread starter macrumors member

It's really hard for me to take a picture of a dead pixel. It looks like one dead pixel to me, but it can be more since this iPad has a retina display. I made an appointment at the Genius Bar.

----------

I purchased it in November 2012

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I just wanted to see what it would look like. Anyway, hope they decide to replace yours!

8. ihakim macrumors member

Its too bad you didn't just purchase it. It's unlikely that they will replace it but you have nothing to lose but time in trying. Might as well give it a shot.