Dead pixel on my iPad!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jambuie, May 28, 2010.

1. jambuie macrumors newbie

I picked up a 32GB iPad 3G this morning. Got it home and started playing, then noticed a single dead pixel. It is stuck on red.

Anybody know what Apples policy on dead pixels is?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Usually depends on the age of the device. Seeing as yours is less than a day old, take it back and have them get you a new one.

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Replacement. Just take it back and it will be swapped over.

4. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Mine came with a stuck red pixel as well. Since it's in the top right corner I don't notice it too much hence care.

5. jambuie thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it at a currys digital shop as there was a queue at the apple store in Cardiff this morning. Will I get more joy going direct to the apple store, or should currys replace it?

6. dstar macrumors regular

My first iPad had horrific backlight bleeding so i exchanged for another. The new one had a dead pixel and one stuck pixel so i exchanged for another.

The third one is perfect.

7. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

First thing I did was check the screen for imperfections. I think I got lucky. Hope everyone gets theirs resolved asap.

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple will likely not replace it if you didn't buy it direct from them. Take it back to where you bought it. Technically one dead/stuck pixel isn't covered under warranty, but most stores in the US at least have been lenient and made exchanges.

9. dstar macrumors regular

I bought my initial iPad from Tekserve in NYC. I brought it into an apple store and they replaced it without issue. I don't know if that's normal policy for them or if I just got lucky.

10. iPadztr macrumors 6502

they'll replace it as long as within the warranty and apple product.

11. smr macrumors 6502a

As you bought it from Currys, I think you should try there first. Apple would replace it, so should Currys.... but I suspect you might need to use that arguement with them :rolleyes:

It normally pays to buy from Apple. But not always:

My online order iPad has dust under the screen, and the rep I spoke to yesterday said Apple would replace it. However, I got an email from Apple this afternoon saying the replacement would not ship until 25 June :eek: I got back on the phone, and the very nice rep suggested I buy another iPad in my local AppleStore and then return the original order for a refund. I checked with my local AppleStore just before they closed and they have stock of the model I want! I then get another email from Apple saying my replacement would now ship on or before 7th June (possibly as a result of my second call?) Anyway, I think an iPad in the hand is worth a van full with TNT, so I will be down my local store first thing.