Dead pixel on the glowing apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by B1TTY, Jan 5, 2010.

1. B1TTY macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I bought a MBP 13" at the end of november and had no problems untill last night. On the glowing white apple on the front of the laptop there is now what looks like a grey smudge. It doesnt rub off though and it appears to be inside and not a surface mark. Could this be a dead pixel or something? it doesnt affect the main screen but is really bugging me.

cheers in advance

2. robj macrumors regular

Maybe dust that get inside the apple cover.

However, how can this bug you? I hardly ever see the apple because you're always watching the main screen!! :D

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

OCD/Mac fetishism reaches new heights… or is that plumbs new depths?

It probably is just dust.
    The important part is the screen side facing you when you do some work. You do use the Mac as a computer, right? :confused:

4. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Pixels don't make up the glowing Apple, so it's not that.

My guess would be dust or a flaw in the plastic that makes up the logo.

I wouldn't let it worry you too much. How can you see it when your using the computer?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No because the glowing apple is from the backlight. That smudge is being produced by some other issue, perhaps as others stated dirt or dust. Why not take it to your local apple store and see if they can fix it.

6. B1TTY thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys, I might drop by my apple store and ask. I know it sounds crazy that i'm bothered by it but i do have major OCD over stuff like this.