Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlwaysRight

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2006
I have read a lot about users here being worried about dead pixels and running utilities to check for dead pixels on their machines. Has this been a problem with apple laptops before and has anyone received a laptop recently with any dead pixels? Also what is apples policy like on dead pixels? I know from working at a pc store that some are very bad requiring at least 5 dark or 5 light before they will allow a return.

cagljevic

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2006
I personally haven't used any utilities to check for dead pixels, but as far as I know my current powerbook does not have any. About the Apple policy, I believe it is stated in their post purchase policies that only after a certain amount of defective pixels, or depending on the location will a return be considered. I too am concerned about this I just ordered a new C2D 17 inch. I'm sure there are others on this board that can provide you with a more detailed response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.