dead pixel replacement worries

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by p01ntbLanK, Jun 26, 2009.

1. p01ntbLanK macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My 32GB White iPhone 3G S has one dead pixel near the top right of the screen. I am thinking about bringing it to the Apple store to get a replacement, but there is one thing that worries me. I received my phone brand new obviously, in the shrink wrapped box. Now if I go in to get a replacement, will the replacement phone be a brand new phone from a brand new shrink wrapped box? Or will it be a refurbished phone? If it is going to be refurbished, I think I would rather keep my phone with the one dead pixel that I currently have. What do you guys think? What do you suggest I do?

Thanks in advance!

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I think it depends on the store, I've heard people getting refurbished 3gS's already. If i just one dead pixel keep it, what happens if the new one has even more dead pixels or a yellow screen.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I would return it immediately, because right now your chances of not getting a refurb are much better (but no guarantee).