Dead Pixel(s) rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SCOLANATOR, Aug 6, 2014.

1. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

So a couple of days go I noticed a small black dot slap bang in the middle of my screen. Thinking it was dirt I just tried to clean it, but with no luck.

After taking a closer look I realised its several dead pixels which were definitely not there when I got this laptop last November. This is really really irritating, especially on such a fantastic display like this and it could potentially hurt my resale value. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could go about sorting this? Will Apple fix the display if I take it back to them? As it's definitely still under warranty.

2. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

If the dead pixels are near the centre of your display, Apple will likely replace the display for you if you bring it in to your local genius person. The logic being that a flaw--even a minor one--is much harder to ignore if it's in the middle of your screen rather than tucked away in a corner somewhere.

(I remember seeing a "dead pixel map" one time that showed Apple's stated qualifications for a replacement.)

3. dtakias macrumors member

Apple will replace any dead pixel on your rMBP. They fixed my 13" rMBP twice, eventually they gave me a brand new one.

Take it to your nearest Apple Store asap and be nice to them.

4. SCOLANATOR thread starter macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

Thanks I will do that. While it's not large - 3-5 pixels it is right in the centre so it's distracting as anything while reading text on a white background.