Dead pixel(s) Warrenty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by pazaakshark, Jan 13, 2014.

1. pazaakshark macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

My Macbook Air seems to have a dead pixel/pixels (I can't tell if it is one or more) on the lower half of the screen. Usually I wouldn't mind or make a fuss but I do lots of web & graphic design working on light backgrounds in Photoshop etc. and always notice this white mark.

The Macbook is just under a year old. Would the apple store replace the panel under warranty?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple doesn't have a "stated" dead pixel policy but 1 pixel is too low for them to replace the unit. With that said, bring it in and see if the manager will do anything for you.

3. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

I have had my previous MacBook Pro serviced twice because of a similar problem, and my new MacBook Air serviced once because of this problem. Both machines cost in excess of $1000. I am not satisfied unless there are no imperfections on the screen. They have never once batted an eye when I took my computers in. They always just replace the top case of the computer and I leave a happy customer. Great apple service like always. As long as you are under warranty they shouldn't give you a fuss

4. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

That would drive me nuts! Heck I took back a cheapo android tablet because of a dead pixel....take it in and demand perfection!