Dead pixel. Should I return it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sekazi, Mar 27, 2012.

1. sekazi macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is extremely annoying and cannot stop looking at it.

2. ahdickter macrumors 6502

If it is annoying you to the point where you can't enjoy it fully, then take it back. You shouldn't have to deal with a problem, especially when you pay over $500 for it...

3. doboy, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

doboy macrumors 68000

OMG! It's all the way in the corner and it still bothers you that much?

Some people really need to get a life.

4. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I agree lol, if I got only one dead pixel and it was way in the corner I wouldn't bother to return it unless it was convienient.

5. h3nG macrumors member

Hell yea. You paid expecting a dead pixel free product. Return that crap. I would be so bothere by it. That to me is worst than a scratch or dent on the case.

6. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Problem is that you are now aware of the pixel so you will not be able to ignore it. Remember, dead pixels are like penises, the more you look at it the bigger it grows. : /

7. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

8. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Lolololololololol......seriously. You need a magnifying glass to see it and yet that one pixel still bothers you. Hahahahahahahah

Good luck trying to live and so other things normally.

9. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Just another person looking for problems...people like you are going to run Apple into the ground.

10. sekazi thread starter macrumors 6502

11. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

How do you even see it? It's at the upper corner and most of your content focus is in the middle of the screen. I think you should just relax. If you're within 14 days, just go and return the iPad and then buy another one without asking for a replacement due to that dead pixel. It's much easier than having to haggle with a genius about one pixel replacement.

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

A dead pixel would drive me nuts. Be warned though, returning it could yield a replacement with other more bothersome issues, like the uneven color I've experienced on 3 iPads now. My 3rd one has less discoloration, but it's still there, and it has 4 gaps in the bezel seal, leaking light when viewed obliquely. I'm keeping it for now...

13. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Dead pixels suck! Return it! I will never except any screen either iPad or TV with a dead pixel. NEVER!

14. dyven macrumors newbie

I had a dead pixel close to the center I returned it for a refund. I did not want to take a chance on a refurb, so I am waiting until my local stores gets stock in and purchase another one.

15. sekazi thread starter macrumors 6502

16. Giov macrumors member

I can live with the tint issue but not the dead pixel. If you bother asking it here, you are obviously bothered. You already have the answer in your head. Just execute it.

17. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

If it bothers you, return it. You might get a better one, or you might get something worse. It's a bit of a gamble. But you paid good money for it and you should be happy with your purchase. Nothing wrong in wanting one without dead pixels.

18. sekazi thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I have enough responses. This was only a test to see how many people truly believe 1 dead pixel is enough of a problem to actually return a iPad.

I find it crazy that people would actually return for stupid reasons such as warm screens, a little heat or even 5 to 10 dead pixels.

19. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

so this was all a giant fake out?

you were testing us? to make fun of the all these people who took the time out of their busy lives to reply with their advice?

so, essentially, you wasted everyone's time and spammed MacRumors forum with ********?

you, sir, are awesome. PM me your address, I wanna send you a giant Easter basket with a really fun surprise inside.

20. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

Remember, what goes around comes around. Wow. Well, I hope you suddenly notice 20 dead pixels and develop a pink/green tint with a bit of yellow mixed in. I'm performing iPad voodoo right now btw. And yes, there's an app for that!

21. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

Once you realize a dead pixel is there, it's hard NOT to see it. Apple goes through quality control to avoid any dead pixels and have no problem returning it for as little as 1 dead or stuck pixel.

I worked at an Apple store here in L.A. and they are perfectly happy to exchange a unit with bad pixels.

Also, this early on, if you exchange it, it's most likely not a refurbished unit. It's a new unit that didn't go through the packaging line.

22. bawbac macrumors 65816

bawbac

It amazes me how blindly sheep will defend a defective product.

23. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Its 1 pixel out of over 3,140,000. It requires a magnifying glass to see it, get the **** over it and stop LOOKING for problems. Buy the damn thing and use it.

Everyone buys one and spends more damn time looking at solid color background and using a magnifying glass to find a problem than they spend actually using it.

And if you actually count all the failed PIXELS compared to the number of PIXELS installed, im sure they are within their tolerance.

24. sekazi thread starter macrumors 6502

Completely agree.

I have done a similar picture with around 50 dead and stuck (red, blue, green) pixels and they are so small you would never know they were there unless you were looking.

A 99.99% tolerance = ~315 pixels dead or stuck.
    99.999% = ~32 pixels

25. Eulinne macrumors newbie

I have one dead/stuck mixed in a corner on the edge and I don't even notice its there most of the time. I have to look for it to see it. I'm not going to exchange over that just not worth risking getting me with more issues this is my third iPad my first one had a bump in the glass that my Finger would catch on and damage to the case rit out of the box the second had a cluster the size if a dime of dead pixels in the middle of the screen.