dead pixel...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jetblk328i, Nov 24, 2011.

1. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,

So unfortunately, I just discovered that my 2011 13" MBP has a black dot on the upper right hand corner of the screen. I think that it is a dead pixel as I have tried several sites/apps which supposedly fix stuck pixels.

My computer also has a slight cosmetic issue because i accidentally dropped a bottle of cologne on it, so there are two small dents on the palm rest area.

I was wondering if it's a good idea to take it into the apple store. I have applecare left but I don't know if the two small dents will make it more difficult for me to get any warranty work done on it.

Thanks,

Jay

2. rainking macrumors regular

MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13″ and 15″ models: replace after 4 or more bright pixels, 6 or more dark pixels.

http://osxdaily.com/2010/11/04/apple-dead-pixel-stuck-pixel-policy/

So one dead pixel, apple won't do anything. To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it since everything is still functional. Those two small dents would be expensive to fix. Up to half the cost of your laptop.

3. randomrazr macrumors 65816

should have bought a speck case

4. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

This is the problem with aluminum. When something hits the computer, it might be durable, but it dents really easily. Also, I think the display is part of the lid housing. That might explain why Apple is reluctant to do anything about less than 4 pixels.