dead pixel

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DarkRevenant, May 13, 2008.

1. DarkRevenant macrumors member

I just noticed i have a dead pixel near the middle of my screen. Will apple replace this? It is jailbroken, so I would "virginize" it before I brought it into the Apple Store, but will they say too bad if I bring it back? Its less than 6 months old, so I am pretty disappointed this has happened.

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

do you have a warranty on your iPod touch? You should always "virginize" your iPod before you take it back to where you got it from so that they can't say that "its broken because you tampered with it"

If you have a warranty on your ipod touch then it should be covered

PS please excuse my poor spelling and grammar I typed this all out on my iPod touch

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

Dead pixels happen. They exist on pretty much any LCD (yeah yeah yeah, I know that 20 people are gonna be like "OMG MY IPOD TOUCH HAS NONE"). I really doubt that it would get replaced. There's an acceptable number of dead pixels in the industry as quality control would cost way too much to make every screen perfect. Apple's policy is 7/sq in to qualify for a replacement, but sometimes they are more leniant. But I don't think that one dead pixel out of 153.600 will warrant a replacement.

4. DarkRevenant thread starter macrumors member

yea, i realize its kind of a ridiculous question now that I think about it, its just really bugging me since its in the center of the screen. oh well, maybe its just frozen and will go back. *crosses fingers*

5. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Bring it in and see what they say. No harm done if they say no, unless you have to drive very far away.