dead pixels - at&t exchange vs. Apl Retail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thatshellacool, Jan 22, 2011.

1. thatshellacool macrumors newbie

Hey all.

I bought my iPhone 4 on Dec. 26th 2010. A few days after said purchase I noticed a dead pixel on my screen. No big deal, I know they happen, It's kinda inconspicuous, and it will only bother me if I'm staring at a white screen.

However, just recently noticed a cluster on the opposite side of the screen that looks like maybe 2 or three pixels close together that are dead.

I'm at school right now and the closest Apple store to me is 3 hours away (ironically enough my home Apple store.) If I bring it back to at&t will they exchange me for a brand new phone or will they give me a refurbished? It's less than 30 days old so i'd hope for the first option.

Looking for people who have been in the same predicament as me with at&t so I know how to approach the matter.

Thanks in advanced :)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

AT&T doesn't deal will warranty issues, they will tell you to go to your nearest Apple Store, or to call them and arrange for you to ship them (Apple) your phone for servicing.

3. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

Apple wil repair them for free. As long as you don't mind them changing the screws :D

4. samven582 macrumors 6502a

just a heads up. If you think about going through Apple you will receive a refurbished iPhone 4 not a brand new one.

5. shelbymayer macrumors regular

Apple handles the warranty for the iphone NOT AT&T (it states this in your contract). The only way to get it replaced by AT&T is to return it (paying the 10% restocking fee), have them reverse your upgrade, then turn right around and buy it again signing a new 2 year contract from that day. (be careful with this, if you added the data plan or anything new to your account at time of original purchase they will refund that then rering it out making you most likely have prorated charges) It's best to just make it to the apple store or get in touch with them over the phone!

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, I've yelled at AT&T a couple of times for not exchanging headphones, I doubt if they'll do a whole phone for you.

7. thatshellacool thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys.. I think I'm just going to wait it out for a few months and exchange it for a refurb at an Apple Store when the time comes. From what I read online, even with just one dead pixel they seem to be pretty happy with swapping it out on the spot.

Thanks for the advice!!