Dead pixels & dust on new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cosmokanga2, Oct 27, 2008.

1. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

I received my new Macbook Pro last week but just remembered to check for dead pixels now and what do I know, I have four or five. (One could be dust.)

Anyone else have an issues with the the Macbooks or Macbook Pros in this regard?

Also when I take it to the Apple store is it possible for them to transfer the files from the defective product to the new one? I just spent a whole bunch of time setting it up and I don't have a external hard drive so Time Machine is out of the question. Transferring every file and app by USB drive is really time consuming.

Thanks in advance.

2. KSpider macrumors regular

Maybe they will let you just remove your hard drive and swap it with the HD in the new one...?

3. cosmokanga2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

I never thought of that. I should be able to do that. Thanks.

4. KSpider macrumors regular

Yeah i actually exchanged mine about 2 hours ago, and driving away i thought to myself i should have done this. I am in the middle of putting everything on THIS one....

5. KilljoyPBN macrumors regular

I have a finger print smudge on my screen. Applecare scheduled an appointment for me at the store about an hour and a half away but they said they didn't have many options since it was BTO.

I guess I will be calling back applecare tomorrow and asking for an exchange.

6. ninja10 macrumors newbie

i think i have a dead pixel at the bottom right of the screen. i ordered my macbook pro at macmall.com. will apple exchange it with out any problem?

7. cosmokanga2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

I believe you have to have five dead pixels before Apple will allow you to return it however this is not always the case. Phone them up or go to a Apple store.