Dead pixels/dust under screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lu0s3r322, Jul 5, 2007.

1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

I posted a couple months back about over 50 what looked to be like dead pixels on my screen. I've taken pictures now and when I went to the apple store, they said it could just be dust under the screen and they said I could try to send it in, but they might not fix the problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if the spots are dust, how would i fix that and how did it get in there? theres literally tons of little tiny dots on my screen and they are very noticeable under a white background. if i send it in it would take two weeks to get it back

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Have you tried cleaning the screen with a screen cleaner? If it does, I had an issue something like that and when I sent it into AppleCare for another issue I told them to note that. When my MacBook Pro came back it had a new screen. So I've had a good experience with getting screens replaced with AppleCare.

3. lu0s3r322 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i use iklear and its definitely under the screen. also, if i send it in do you think they could give me a matte screen if they replaced it?

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You could ask them to put that in the report that they send with the MacBook Pro. I hope that AppleCare is as good to you as they were to me.

5. lu0s3r322 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ive read some discussions on the apple support forums and it seems like apple will replace the screen

6. Habusho macrumors 6502

I had this problem too. I thought at first that I had a dead pixel on the top left, but after examining it with a magnifying glass I could tell that it was a piece of dust. What I did was put the laptop on its side and flicked the screen with my nail and gravity did the rest. Make sure it's dust before trying this though.

7. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

It is probably mold.

Stuff like that happens to camera lenses too.

8. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

I have a tiny one of those on my Dell 2405, and had it since I got it nearly two years ago. Most the time, I don't even notice it.

9. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

WOW... after looking at the picture I had tons of that on my old samsung screen thank god i have a LG :)

10. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Oh, and one more thing. Introducing the 15" iPetriDish, new from Apple. :apple: