Dead pixels...help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by S600MBUSA, Sep 17, 2007.

1. S600MBUSA macrumors regular

It appears that my Macbook Pro has some dead pixels. The machine was purchased in the first week of August. These appear to have only recently developed.

Several questions and points:

1. The screen flaws appear best on a white background, and don't show up at all on a black screen. This indicated dead pixels, as opposed to stuck, correct?

2. I tried JScreenFix just to see if it would do anything, considering I first thought they were stuck pixels. It did not help.

3. What sort of response can I expect from Apple? Screen replacement? Entire computer replacement? Obfuscation and obstruction? I've read that some stores are less than co-operative, especially when it's just one or two pixels involved. My screen looks to have at least six to eight pixels all aligned perfectly in a vertical column.

Thanks in advance

2. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

6-8 in a column!? Completely unacceptable. Call them immediately.

3. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

6 to 8 pixels in a cluster like that should mean that you don't have any problems. Try an Apple store first, if you get a trouble Genius, trying asking to have someone else take a look, and if all else fails, call apple. It helps if you can take a picture and be ready to email it to them. In the past they've asked for it and you might get a speedier solution if you volunteer to send them a pic.