DEAD PIXELS Macbook Pro 15" Antiglare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Andylar, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Andylar macrumors regular

Hi all purchased the macbook pro 15" about four months ago, ive just noticed a line across the screen with maybe 10-12 stuck pixels

please see attached pic

it was bought from the refurb store and they were definitely not like that when i received it

what should i do next ?

[​IMG]

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It has a 1 year warranty. As long as you have not dropped it or otherwise caused the damage Apple will repair it. Take it to your nearest Apple Store or Authorised Repair Centre.

3. bcaslis macrumors 68020

It's difficult to tell from that picture. A dead or stuck subpixel usually looks a different color (since one of the three primary subpixels is dead or stuck). That picture looks grey almost like it's dirt or dust under the screen. However in either case with a large number I'd bring it to a genius bar. They should be willing to repair or replace. The Apple warranty is 12 months so you shouldn't have any problems getting service.

4. Andylar thread starter macrumors regular

The pixels on the left of the picture seem to have a pinky colour to them, the laptop is in perfect condition it hasn't been dropped or banged etc

There isn't a scratch on it

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Great. Then Apple will repair it for free as you would expect. If there is an Apple store close enough to you make a Genius Bar appointment. Back up your data before you take it in.

6. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

Bring to Apple Store and have it fixed, they shouldn't argue.