Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zedsdead185

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
UK
Hi, i've just received my first ever mac from converting from windows:D . But after switching it on noticed an inconveniant dead pixel immediatley in the centre of the screen.
Don't worry, i've not come on here to bitch, i was just wondering if there was a way of getting rid of them. I've heard somthin aboutt massaging them:confused: . I just don't want to have to take it straight back to apple thats all.

Thanks in advance

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
Thats unlucky, you should not notice it after a few days of using the mac unless you look for it. I used an iBook for a long time with a dead pixel right in the middle and never bothered me.

McGarvels

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2006
Irvine, CA
That sucks, I'm sorry man. If it's a dead pixel there is pretty much nothing you can do about it, besides taking it back to apple and saying the dead pixel in the middle of the screen is too distracting. Apple will most likely replace your machine, but you never know. It seems like Apple has an inconsistent track record with dead/stuck pixels. On a side note, are you sure it's a dead pixel? Dead pixels will stay black no matter the colored background, while a stuck pixel will be stuck on a certain color (ie. blue, red, green). You should check with Pixel Check v1.2 just to make sure. Also, I've heard of people massaging the screen where the stuck pixel is at to fix it, but again this will not work on dead pixels. Hope it all works out.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.