Dead pixels on iMac covered by Applecare?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nw43, Aug 14, 2007.

1. nw43 macrumors regular

I've recently noticed a row of dead pixels about 1x1.5mm (actually looks like there's an insect under there or something!) on my iMac screen which, whilst not a major problem, is quite annoying.

I've had this iMac for just over 2 years and have got the 3 year Applecare. Has anyone had any experience as to whether Apple would fix this for free?

Thanks
    N

2. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I am in your same boat. I recently found a dead pixel in my iMac still under applecare. I assumed they wouldn't cover it. Am I wrong?

3. gameguy3001 macrumors member

They will repair it if it has a certain amount. They have different criteria for the different screen sizes. You best bet is to call them.

4. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

So one probably won't cut it?

5. gameguy3001 macrumors member

Probably not, unless it a iPod screen, then it might :)

6. acris10 macrumors newbie

acris10

Good news guys, my powerbook g4 had 2 lines (side by side) of stuck pixels, not even dead ones and that was well over enough for the replacement of my monitor no questions asked, so if you have applecare give it a shot

7. pmartin macrumors regular

Dead pixels are normal in all LCD monitors. Apple won't replace your screen for just one, I believe the benchmark is five in close proximity or enough on the screen for it to be really distracting.

8. nw43 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll give them a ring when I get a chance and see what they say.

Cheers
    N