Dead pixels on ipad 2, put towards a macbook pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jammypop, Dec 7, 2011.

1. jammypop macrumors newbie

Hi

I have an iPad 2 64gb wifi and recently it has developed 2 dead pixels right in the middle of the screen practically right next to each other. Of course this is really annoying!

I have seen somewhere that they have a policy of 3 dead pixels being needed for a definate replacement otherwise it is up to the genius you see.

Here comes the big question lol. I really, really, really would like a macbook pro! If I booked a genius appointment for them to look at the iPad 2 would I be able to instead of swapping for another ipad 2 put the cost of the ipad towards a macbook pro?

Thanks very much for any help anyone might give!

2. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

I doubt it. If it's under 2 weeks old you can return it for a refund, but otherwise I expect the best you can hope for is a replacement.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Get it replaced then sell it. Use that money to save towards a MacBook Pro.

4. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

:confused:

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

What? All I said was try and get it replaced by Apple, then to sell that replacement via eBay craigslist etc and then use that money towards the MacBook Pro that he/she wants.

6. jammypop thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all

I went into the Apple store yesterday and got a swap for a new iPad no problem at all. The Genius was a very nice fella indeed! In fact he even swapped my wifes iPhone 4 when she said she had a problem with the home button without even looking at it! There was only 2 weeks left on the warranty as well so she was very happy!

I decided im going to keep my iPad and just trying to decide whether to go for it with the MBP.