Dead pixels on ipad 2, put towards a macbook pro?

jammypop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hi

I have an iPad 2 64gb wifi and recently it has developed 2 dead pixels right in the middle of the screen practically right next to each other. Of course this is really annoying!

I have seen somewhere that they have a policy of 3 dead pixels being needed for a definate replacement otherwise it is up to the genius you see.

Here comes the big question lol. I really, really, really would like a macbook pro! If I booked a genius appointment for them to look at the iPad 2 would I be able to instead of swapping for another ipad 2 put the cost of the ipad towards a macbook pro?

Thanks very much for any help anyone might give!

fat jez

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
I doubt it. If it's under 2 weeks old you can return it for a refund, but otherwise I expect the best you can hope for is a replacement.

jammypop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks all

I went into the Apple store yesterday and got a swap for a new iPad no problem at all. The Genius was a very nice fella indeed! In fact he even swapped my wifes iPhone 4 when she said she had a problem with the home button without even looking at it! There was only 2 weeks left on the warranty as well so she was very happy!

I decided im going to keep my iPad and just trying to decide whether to go for it with the MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.