dead pixels on my aluminum macbook YAY?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 5DollaFootlong, Jul 13, 2009.

1. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

well, i have the late 2008 aluminum macbooks. when i started up, there was always a thing but long colorless line on my screen. i didn't think much of it, as it was only visible in light blue and black backgrounds. with all the reports that apple updated the screens in april, is it really absurd for me to get a replacement? i mean, it didn't bother me before. it's not like i'm edging for a new screen ,i just would prefer a working display.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

They'll replace the screen under warranty, but most likely you'll get another 9C89 or 9C9C or whatever the other screen type was.

3. 5280m macrumors member

I went in to the apple store hoping for a screen replacement for a few dead pixels and ended up with a brand new unibody macbook. They said it was easier for them to replace the macbook then the screen.

4. 5DollaFootlong thread starter macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

i have the original unibody macbook screens (the ones that suck) wouldn't they replace me with the screens that they still make (the newer unibody ones)?

i already have a unibody macbook. i don't want a replacement, but if they do offer me one, i expect it should be new. i'm content with a repair.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

There was a guy on here who tried that, he had the 9C89 and got the other old first-release one back. He said it looked way better, but I dunno, could have just been in his head.

6. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Maybe if we wait a little longer they will totally run out of those ****** useless screens and thus only have the newer ones to replace?

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

One could only hope, but I wouldn't count on it =\

If that were the case, I'll buy the AppleCare extension, and Oct 2011, I'll show up asking for a new screen! :D

lmao...