Dead Pixels on New 23" ACD

imuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
NY, NY
I got a new ACD last week. I noticed a slight misalignment of the LCD screen inside the aluminum frame, but decided that it was not bad enough to return it. Now, I noticed some dead pixels, (about 4) all on the left half of the screen. My question is, how many dead pixels are acceptable? Do you think I should return the screen?
(I only noticed the dead pixels after watching a movie when most of the screen turned black for the credits.)

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
return it, for being only 1week old it has too many problems. I belive that apple has a 3 dead pixel rule.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
If you noticed it when the screen went black they are stuck pixels not dead. You may get a replacement if they are all close together but with such a big screen Apple may give you a hard time. I think Apple say something like 8 stuck pixels?

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Take it back to the store, and explain to Apple that you spent a lot of money on this screen, and you expect it to be perfect. Make it a clear point that you are dissatisfied with your purchase.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
I though they had a 10 pixle limit. It's nice they made it 3. I'd return it right away.;)

imuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
NY, NY
Will return it.

Thanks for all your input. I just called the Apple store. They will send me a new one.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
imuk said:
Thanks for all your input. I just called the Apple store. They will send me a new one.
Do you get to keep the old one. In such case, could I have it?:p Nah, congrats on your new ACD...;)

West of House

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2005
Sigh. I just cracked open my new ACD 30", and I swore to myself not to go hunting to see if it had some pixel problems. It seemed like I was in luck, just cruising around on it. Then I opened up a blank word document and I saw it... One single dead pixel right in the middle of the screen.

Red!

I had this same problem with the first 20" flat panel I ever bought. It drove me insane. I'm trying all the home remedies that I can, but right now, I'm just sad.