Dead pixels - options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBrokenBee, Nov 2, 2016.

1. TheBrokenBee, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016

TheBrokenBee macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

Hi guys, There is a cluster of dead pixels dead center of my iphone and I went to the local service center here. Apparently it is within spec according to them and they are not willing to help me with a replacement. Someone before me got a replacement before me because he had a phone which was apparently hanging at random intervals, the service center chap couldn't reproduce the issue but brought him a replacement and handed it over to him.

I'm currently on leave from work and have to return to base in two days so can't really play the waiting game.

Thanks for your time.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's the problem.
    You are out of the US and some 3rd party service centers are not the same as the quality of service you would get in a US Apple store.
    What kind of iphone do you have and how much you have left on your warranty coverage?
    If you'll return back to the US before it expires I'd go to a real Apple store instead.

3. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

I am not from the US. I am currently deployed here and this is the best shot I've got. I have a couple months of warranty left. I purchased the phone here, which is a 6S, so I have to get a replacement from these buggers only.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh I see.
    I wouldn't intentionally try to break it to get warranty service.
    Im surprised they said all the dead pixels are within spec. Can you post a pic of the screen?
    See if you can escalate the service to a higher up and complain about services not received.
    Did these dead pixels pop up now after 10 months of use?

5. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

They came up after a few months of use. I also seem to have dark corner. i decided to live with that until I had these bright spots on the screen show up too. I am sorry I don't really have another camera to take a picture. This is so disappointing.

6. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

I'm assuming no one has any bright ideas about what to do.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I wouldn't try to defraud anyone. You may have a legitimate issue but intentionally messing up the device to try and get it in for another reason is fraud. I'm sure opinions will differ but I figured I'd put that out there.

As far as deployment, are you US military? Do you have anyone at home you can mail it to? I knownflst rate ships from any base as if it were US soil. So you could get a flat rate box for $5 and bubble wrap the hell out of it and even insure (for maybe another $10) each way. Obviously not free, but it's a way to get it to the states.

Best of luck. Sorry for your troubles.