Dead Pixels problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by temiller, Jan 22, 2011.

1. temiller macrumors member

Hey all,

I just bought a Samsung P2770H display at the beginning of the year. Tiger Direct sent me the first one which was DOA. So I sent the display back, and the sent me a new display which now has dead pixels (I'm fairly sure they are dead pixels). I've had the display for a little over a week.

When I first got the display, I didn't notice anything. A few days later I noticed something that was a little off. I thought it was just part of the wallpaper. Then I noticed it was appearing on the dock. Its approximately 1/2" tall.

Picture of the dead pixels

[​IMG]

My brother told me to turn off the display, use a damp cloth to lightly push in on the area, then turn the monitor on, then slowly pull off and that should fix the pixels. But he couldn't say if its a permanent fix or not. I don't want to fix it, then whenever my warranty is up, have the dead pixels come back. Now that I noticed and figured out that the line is dead pixels, they stick out like a sore thumb.

So my question is, should I contact Tigerdirect or Samsung to have this issue fixed? Its a new display so there is a warranty on it. And since this is my second display 3 weeks that I've had issues from the Manufacturer with should I just request to get a different display (Although I think the lemon law is 3 products within a years time?)? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

That looks like a hair or something in the LCD panel, not a line of dead pixels... :eek:

3. temiller thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Jesus. Im gonna have to send it back, wait for them to process it, and have them ship me a new one. I'm tempted to just return it and buying a different display. I am going to have to compliment samsungs A-1 qualitly control department.

Anytips to get a speedy turn around? Or maybe a different display in an acceptable amount of time?