Dead Pixels Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GalvaJ, Apr 21, 2012.

1. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

In November of 2011, I purchased my iPhone 4S at a Sprint store. As soon as I took it out of the box, I applied an HD Anti Glare film from Power Support which has a frosty coating to it, which takes away some screen clarity. Everything seemed fine with my iPhone until I recently removed the film to apply a Crystal. At this point, I noticed that my iPhone has two dead pixels. I read somewhere that Apple's policy on dead pixels is that if an iPhone has one, they'll replace it. I don't have Apple Care, but I'm still within the one year warranty that comes with the device. So my question is, even though it's been nearly 6 months now, will they still replace it free of charge? It's not a big problem, so if they don't, I'll just stick with it. But, if they will, then I rather do that and have a perfect screen.

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

3. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

I have a piece of lint, or something behind mine that covers a strand of pixels, not sure if they'd do anything about that.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

They will.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 601

If you are still under warranty and the genius does acknowledge that there is a dead pixel, they will replace free of charge.

6. GalvaJ thread starter macrumors regular

GalvaJ

Okay. Thanks for the replies everyone. Now I'll just give it some thought about whether I want to go ahead with it or not.