Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
In November of 2011, I purchased my iPhone 4S at a Sprint store. As soon as I took it out of the box, I applied an HD Anti Glare film from Power Support which has a frosty coating to it, which takes away some screen clarity. Everything seemed fine with my iPhone until I recently removed the film to apply a Crystal. At this point, I noticed that my iPhone has two dead pixels. I read somewhere that Apple's policy on dead pixels is that if an iPhone has one, they'll replace it. I don't have Apple Care, but I'm still within the one year warranty that comes with the device. So my question is, even though it's been nearly 6 months now, will they still replace it free of charge? It's not a big problem, so if they don't, I'll just stick with it. But, if they will, then I rather do that and have a perfect screen.

OMGbrandon

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Miami, FL
I have a piece of lint, or something behind mine that covers a strand of pixels, not sure if they'd do anything about that.

Shadowbech

macrumors 604
Oct 18, 2011
If you are still under warranty and the genius does acknowledge that there is a dead pixel, they will replace free of charge.

GalvaJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Okay. Thanks for the replies everyone. Now I'll just give it some thought about whether I want to go ahead with it or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.