Dead pixels ><

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aaronchow, Aug 2, 2011.

1. aaronchow macrumors regular

I finally bought an iMac, but there are two tiny dead pixels conveniently located at the center of the screen. Accordingly to the apple tech support (only looked online, havn't gone to the apple store yet), I can't return it because two pixels are within their acceptable level. So, just curious, has anyone successfully return an iMac with two deal pixels?

2. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

3. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

I purchased a 21.5" iMac 3 weeks ago and upon doing so i asked if their were any dead pixels even one could i return it. I was told that i could return it and also you have 14 days to return the iMac if you are not satisfied with it.

No doubt if you say you want to return it they will just exchange it anyway :)

4. apw100 macrumors regular

ANY dead pixel is a deal-breaker for me. Return it to the Apple Store, they won't give you any issues. Even if it is a custom configured machine bought from their website, the Apple Store will still service it and replace the LCD panel.

5. RiceKilla macrumors member

I returned mine with one dead pixel after 4 days.

No problems!

6. 32gb3gwifi macrumors member

My refurb came with 1 dead pixel. The apple store replaced the screen. And it had the yellow tinge really bad. So now their replacinG the computer

7. scrob macrumors member

Mine is just out of the box and has 1 dead pixel as well, unsure whether I can really be bothered to send it back!