Dead pixels

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guinnessfan, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Guinnessfan macrumors newbie

I have 2 dead pixels, they are only noticeable when the screen is black (they are lit white) but it's driving me crazy. Any fixes out there I'm already on my 2nd 4s (the first had a buzzing problem). The problem is definitely minisule since the pixels are so small but my OCD is in overdrive.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

3. hollowplayer macrumors regular

take it back, they have 0 tolerant for dead pixel.

4. Guinnessfan thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an appt tomorrow...people at work think I'm nuts since with the retina display they are so tiny but it's killing me.

5. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

just found 1 dead pixel on my screen. with the retina display its hard to see but its really annoying.

6. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

Can dead pixels expand? Right now it's barely noticeable but I'm worried it'll get worse.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I have one dead pixel on mine but its at the bottom right corner of the screen so I could deal with it. However, two is one too many for me. Let us know how it goes.

8. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

Mine is in the upper right but not quite in he corner. I can only see it when there is bright white on the screen

9. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

If I were you I would use the dead pixel to my advantage. Just keep the phone and now you have an insurance policy. Apple doesn't allow the iPhone to have any dead pixels so if you drop it and something goes wrong you can just then return it and say it's because of the dead pixel.

10. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Can you walk me through the explanation to apple on how you dropped it, the thing is shattered, and it was because of the dead pixel? "You see, the dead pixel scared the **** out of me".

11. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

hahaha. i'm going to deal with it for the moment. its so small you have to go out of your way to notice it. i really don't feel like waiting for all my stuff to restore from the cloud (don't have a computer)

if it gets worse i'll take it in.

12. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Obviously if the phone is not usable there is no point but I'm saying if something else goes wrong with your phone that isn't covered by warranty you can use the dead pixel to get a new one.