Dead pixels

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Yougotdslapd, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Yougotdslapd macrumors newbie

I have had a droid for 18 months and it was bugging out on me so I decided to buy my friends iPhone 4 8gb. I love this thing, but what I've noticed is that it has 2 dead pixels. Tiny little black dots, one on the right side of the screen and one at the bottom of it. I don't notice them too much but it's just annoying to know that they are there. Since its a hardware failure I know there's no way for me to fix it besides replacing he LCD, but what my question is, is will the 2 little pixels spread and make other pixels fail causing my screen to look like I took a baseball bat to the LCD? Would it be worth it to you to replace the LCD for $79 at a local repair shop even if I can buy a discounted phone from Verizon in 3 months?

Just looking for outside opinion. Thanks!:)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have never heard of dead pixels spreading and infecting others around them and causing them to fail

3. Greg 78 macrumors newbie

Dead pixels

I also have never heard of it spreading to others. definitely don't spend the $ 79 to replace the screen. 8gb i phone 4 is like $50.00 at target.