Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fandangoxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I went through 6 iPhone 6 + last year, all had dead pixels, Apple refused to send me a 7th so I gave up and waited for an iPhone 6S+.

I get my 6S+ and what do we have - a dead pixel!

Talked to Apple and they want me to ship the phone back to them, then wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement.

It's an absolute joke. I cannot work without my phone for 2-3 weeks.

Sarah Jones 799

Suspended
Sep 11, 2015
I went through 6 iPhone 6 + last year, all had dead pixels, Apple refused to send me a 7th so I gave up and waited for an iPhone 6S+.

Talked to Apple and they want me to ship the phone back to them, then wait 2-3 weeks for a replacement.

Crazy each iPhone launch we have dead pixels and stuck pixel please please Apple switch to OLED LCD have so many problems.
Same here last year I had to return 6 iPhone 6 back into store.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

Are you using a dead pixel app to find these?
Unless one is obvious to the naked eye then I wouldn't be returning a phone for a dead pixel that an app showed up. I've had many iPhone faults but never a dead pixel. Seven iPhones in succession for you with this fault??

Reactions: AndrewR23

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Crazy each iPhone launch we have dead pixels and stuck pixel please please Apple switch to OLED LCD have so many problems.
Same here last year I had to return 6 iPhone 6 back into store.

OLED screens are more likely to suffer a dead pixel...

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Are these visible to the naked eye? If not then why the concern?? I've never seen a dead pixel on an iPhone and I have had all of them.

fandangoxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Are you using a dead pixel app to find these?
Unless one is obvious to the naked eye then I wouldn't be returning a phone for a dead pixel that an app showed up. I've had many iPhone faults but never a dead pixel. Seven iPhones in succession for you with this fault??

No app, just noticed it yesterday whilst using the phone.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

They likely have a file on you and after 6 replacements, they are getting their pound of flesh!:p

I can not blame them.

Reactions: ABC5S

fandangoxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I agree with you but after 6 phones . . . . . :rolleyes:

Apple's build quality and customer service truly sucks.

I can understand that they do not want to ship me a phone until my one is returned, but I offered to purchase a new one, (ships in 3 weeks) and if they could wait 3 weeks for the return of my one, and they said it would have to be shipped back to them within 5 days.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Apple's build quality and customer service truly sucks.

I can understand that they do not want to ship me a phone until my one is returned, but I offered to purchase a new one, (ships in 3 weeks) and if they could wait 3 weeks for the return of my one, and they said it would have to be shipped back to them within 5 days.

I have owned every iPhone that Apple has made and not one has been defective.

I hope you find that perfect one soon.

fandangoxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Just to update the thread, I sent the iPhone back to Apple, who sent a replacement out, the replacement also had a dead pixel - so I returned it. So now waiting for my third iPhone to be delivered.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I've never had a dead pixel in my iPhone, had other issues though. Weird you have now had 8 phones in a row with a dead pixel?

fandangoxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I think its more the case that people don't notice and dismiss them as dust or dirty screen. I'm not actively looking for dead pixels when I get the device, just through use I see them.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Yea I don't really believe that... Sounds more like ocd

Take it to an Apple Store and let the employee see it

Take a pic and post it here

Who the hell gets 7 in a row? Even 2 in a row is extremely unlikely

Reactions: ABC5S

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Just to update the thread, I sent the iPhone back to Apple, who sent a replacement out, the replacement also had a dead pixel - so I returned it. So now waiting for my third iPhone to be delivered.

I think its more the case that people don't notice and dismiss them as dust or dirty screen. I'm not actively looking for dead pixels when I get the device, just through use I see them.

Its called OCD OCD Got it OP ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.